Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Eternal Return

I moved back to Portland, Oregon just one year ago. The reasons were manifold, like the variety of lanscapes and climates here in this corner of the country. Much of my life has been a drift. I am not complaining, because the people and places that have become a part of me are wild, like nature, and extreme in varied experience, in a way only humans can play out. Here are two videos. One is the last I made while living in Europe. It is a portrait of Berlin; a ghosted city, a hard city, a vibrant and intense city. The footage was shot for no reason in particular.....maybe a day off with no plans, or a cool place I just want to see. The second video was shot much the same way, with no specific plans....but was shot here in Oregon. for me these are experiments in the genre of Home Movie; movies made for no real reason other than to say, "I was here", but also to include the historical, therefor political implications one sees as a human walking through time. there was a shorter version of the Oregon video, but this one is radically different with a new edit and footage. They both are long short films. I think the Berlin film is about 13 minutes, and the Oregon one 30 minutes. And I hope you enjoy watching them.


OR from Tim Blue on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment